Sunday 11 January 2015

Asari Dokubo,"I am not a Nigerian",he discloses during interview.

Militant leader in Niger Delta,Alhaji Asari Dokubo openly said that he is no more a Nigerian citizen.

On the cause of rubbing minds with show personals,during Youth-inspired show on Channel Television,he added that Nigeria has not provided him the atmosphere to flourish and bring his dreams and aspirations to life.

Asari...
“I am a businessman. My business is mostly centred around education. I have about four schools.

“I have crèche , nursery and secondary school, King Amachree International School in Cotonou, Republic of Benin. I have King Amachree Automobile and ICT Academy and I have King Amachree Arts Academy and King Amachree Sports Academy.

“Its only education that I do. By March, King Amachree African University will come on board.

His opined that his passion for education, despite not completing his own university education, was because the quality of  in Nigeria was very inadequate as he believes “it just prepares people to speak English, to write and to make noise.”

“Any student who graduates from my school is skilled,” he said.

Asari sees Nigeria as enemy territory,so, a country where he could not build his school, instead the university was built in the Republic of Benin rather than building it in Nigeria.

“I don’t see myself as a Nigerian and I cannot establish a school in an enemy territory,” he said.

“For over 30 years I’ve been at loggerheads with the Nigerian Government, first as a Student Union leader, then President of National Union of Rivers State Students participating in student unionism.

“I have been an enemy of the Nigerian state, so to say. Up till today, there’s a treason trial hanging on my head and you cannot just put your business in an environment where one person would get up and say ‘I close down this business’.

“I want somewhere where I can express myself and flourish and that’s what I’m doing. We started small but gradually we are becoming bigger and bigger.”

No comments:

Don't Forget To Join US Our Community
×
blogger tipsblogger templatesWidget